Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Understanding Spiritual Test

Topic: SPIRITUAL TEST

BIBLE READING: 1 JOHN 5:1-5

MEMORIZE: “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you unless course, you fail the test? (2 Corinthians 13:5).”

Christianity is just a matter of having correct opinions, feeling certain
emotions, or doing certain duties. It is being able to say truthfully, like Paul, ... Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20). But how do you known whether you have God's life in you or not? Is there any way to know for sure?

John, in his epistles, gives us three tests to show whether a man has Christ living in him: the belief, attitude and action tests.

The Belief Test: If you truly know God, you must really believe His Word, and believe in His only begotten Son, Jesus, as the Bible reveals Him to be. The Holy Spirit of God makes you sure of God's truth, and confident that he lives in you (1 John 2:20; 3:24; 4:15; 5:1). Belief usually affects behaviour.

The Attitude Test: Our attitude toward God can be measure by our attitude towards others. Whoever loves God must also love his brother. Lack of love means a lack of God's life in you. Love shows that you are born of God (1 John 3:1; 14; 4:7-8, 16, 20-21). Attitude can best be
interpreted by God.

The Reaction Test: If God's life is in you, your behaviour will show it. We know that any one born of God does not continue to sin. If you are born of God, you know your sinfulness and admit it. At the same time, you keep growing in your ability to overcome sin (1 John 1:18, 10,
2:29; 5:18).

All three the belief test, the attitude test, and the action test should be combined and consistent in our lives as they reveal who we are from God's perspective. Faith, love, and obedience are evidence that you
are born of God, and the eternal life resides in you.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Spirit of faith, love and obedience fill me today, in Jesus' name.

2. Lord, let my belief in You revealed in my behaviour towards You and others.

3. Lord, help the believers to become the carriers of Your power and presence.

4. My God and my Lord, don’t allow me to fail You in Jesus

5. My God and my Father, dissociate me from every worldly activities that will cause me to fail to God in the name of Jesus

6. Every demonic spirit that is monitoring my life, you are a liar, cast fire and die in the name of Jesus

7. Every forces of wickedness that attacking my ways of righteousness, die fire of God in Jesus name

8. I possess the Spirit of obedience to the voice, word and guide of God in Jesus name

9. Any hindrances from the pity of hell against my spiritual living, be remove by fire and thunder of God in Jesus name

Post a Comment

0 Comments